Why am I blogging?

My daughter's smile is the lovely one you see above! I love to see people smile! Maybe that is why ...I like to capture smiles or snapshots of things that make others smile with my camera. I know we can't go through every minute of life with a smile but I hope that even when life is hard we can have a peace that others will notice and desire. My blog initially started as a way to honor my mom and her great outlook on life. She died in May 2010 from cancer. I don't think I can ever due justice to her life but I hope I can live my life in a way that would make her proud. The one other great privilege I have had is to be Carol Hensley Singletary's mother. She was our only child and she died suddenly on Feb .27, 2013. She was 19 years old. Her zest for life, her smile and her loving personna is missed by many, but none more than by her husband of just 6 months, Cooper. We carry on by grace and faith in God, and will look for any means to smile while we are left here on this earth for some reason by God. What I would give just to see the beautiful smile of my mom and daughter again! I know without a doubt I will someday, but until then I am going to try and praise my God and King in the life's good days and through life's pains. And i'm sharing here ...in hopes that you will smile with me. judy!

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

POEM Beginings and Endings



I had started writing this in July 2012 before Carol and Cooper were  marrIed on August 18, 2012. Cooper proposed to Carol on July 4, 2012 in Gatlinburg at the Peddler restaurant.


Written from Carol's perspective by her mom:

Come to our wedding and you will see,
the two of us exchange vows and rings
pledging ourselves to GOD and each other
to become one as Mr. and Mrs. Singletary!  

I am so excited, and can't wait to see
What God has planned and we are yet to see
How everything will fall into place
as we start our life together in Gatlinburg, Tennessee!

Let me tell you how all this came about...
we have been dating for quite a while
(3 and  one-half years to be exact),
I was a sophmore and Cooper a senior;
It was January 2009 when he first asked me out.

I was unsure how my dad would feel about all of this
So we devised a plan..and used it to perfection, to wear him down.
We convinced himthat Cooper (and Caleb, and Justin) would watch over me!
and after 3 years of dating we had no doubt
We wanted a life together as husband and wife!

Now, how to get our parent's permission ???
We put our heads together and came up with a "get-dad's- pemrission-to- wed game-plan"
(along with 3 backups ..just in case)
Cooper was ready for any thing my parents might ask
when he came over a couple of days before July the 4th 2012
and asked if we could get married and he have me as his wife!
.
He told me later "they looked a little shell shocked upon hearing our plans"
and told him in no uncertain terms :
"if you don't take care of our girl, you will be a 'wanted' man!"
But they knew how strong our love was for each other
and that was ultimately what won them over.

Since we were on a roll, we thought we might as well
Hit them with bomb shell number two, cause
We knew the next question would be "When?"
so we said "Seven weeks from now... that woldl be just swell!?"
Mom was about to stroke and she said "WHAT?
how are we going to get ready for a wedding so soon, ?

While we had them confused we dropped bomb shell number three:
We told them about the business we were going to start,
They had no reason to worry, it would all come together,
we had a plan right from the start, the rest would be easy,
we would just follow our hearts!.

After the wedding we are going on a Caribean cruise
So if you can’t join us on August the eighteenth
We will catch up with  you sometime later
and tell you all of our 'happily maried' news!

Thank you.... family and friends... for all you have done for us!
Please keep us in your prayers
For God to light our way
and for us to give Him all our cares!

Thanks
Carol
_________________________________________________________________
Carol and Cooper got married in a beautiful ceremony  (on Aug 18, 2012) with many friends and family there to show their support.  They took their cruise; came home;  packed up and moved to Gatlinburg by Labor day 2012.  They started their own business and had a cute apartment and had gotten a puppy, named Roxy.  Carol was going to college at the satellite campus of Walters State Community College. On Feb 27, 2013 Carol died after passing out and falling into a glass display case at a business near theirs.   A large piece of glass severed her aorta and she died quickly and painlessly.We are so glad that she and Cooper had the time together that they did, and we are so happy to have been  graced with her presence at our  home for 18 years.  She lived life grand and loved  just as big:  the LORD, her family. and her friends.

I added some thoughts below  as a fast forward to almost 5 years later.  We miss her a bunch and know we will see her smile again one day when the LORD declares so.
_________________________________________________________________
Speed forward to June 2017

It is hard this time of year when many of Carol’s friends are starting new phases of their lives.
Some have graduated and are finding new jobs,making all that effort for their degree worthwhile.
Others are settling down with a wife or husband and having children that grace their lives.

I can't help but wonder what Cooper and Carol would be doing now, five years after they married.? Would Carol have a 4 year degree and be branching out in some new position, or helping  their business grow and prosper beyond all belief? Or would they be planning the arrival of a cute little baby that i could spoil?

I asked Cooper recently what he and Carol talked about when dreamed about their future? He was taken by surprise at my question, and it took him a minute to gather his composure, but he said that they often spoke of the future but ,they were content to just live lifeto the fullest in the moments that they had.
Although i wish they would have had many more moments of happiness, joy, love, and laughter
to share,  I know it is enough. God’s providential plans marked their lives for His glory to be known through them. He allowed them to share in something so special for just 6 months before she was gone. He let them live a lifetime full of love and joy….. as much as was meant to be. I will always remember the sparkle in Carol’s eye that was reserved for just her guy every time we got to see her after they married.

She told me once that she was happier than she ever thought she could be. Of course she was..she had Cooper by her side and God watching from above, She came into all our lives for us to learn different lessons; she taught us well, I think. And as her momma I am so very proud of her. I miss her so very much, and there are times when I feel her spirit close to mine..Other times i can hear her voice and I smile. And I whisper to her "see ya soon, sweet girl or mine!"

6/1/2017

Judy hensley.

No comments:

Post a Comment