Why am I blogging?

My daughter's smile is the lovely one you see above! I love to see people smile! Maybe that is why ...I like to capture smiles or snapshots of things that make others smile with my camera. I know we can't go through every minute of life with a smile but I hope that even when life is hard we can have a peace that others will notice and desire. My blog initially started as a way to honor my mom and her great outlook on life. She died in May 2010 from cancer. I don't think I can ever due justice to her life but I hope I can live my life in a way that would make her proud. The one other great privilege I have had is to be Carol Hensley Singletary's mother. She was our only child and she died suddenly on Feb .27, 2013. She was 19 years old. Her zest for life, her smile and her loving personna is missed by many, but none more than by her husband of just 6 months, Cooper. We carry on by grace and faith in God, and will look for any means to smile while we are left here on this earth for some reason by God. What I would give just to see the beautiful smile of my mom and daughter again! I know without a doubt I will someday, but until then I am going to try and praise my God and King in the life's good days and through life's pains. And i'm sharing here ...in hopes that you will smile with me. judy!

Friday, August 25, 2017

Do you owe it to any one to do well in Pharmacy school?

I think so!  Here are just a few reasons that you owe it to someone to do well in pharmacy school:  besides your parents, your spouse, your significant other, or some other person sacrificing to help you reach this dream....how about those whose lives are enhanced, or those whose lives will have a better quality of life by overcoming a deficiency or over-activity in their body.  These people will be your customers everyday, and you will hold their lives, their well-being, and their financial worries in your hands.

Believe me when I say, "you are" an important member of any chronically ill person's treatment team.  You may not always be able to tell them with a smile on your face that the therapy may not work or may have bad side effects.  But you can share what you know from experience the problems they may encounter, and warn them to seek immediate help if something unusual happens. Then wish them well and offer your help if it should ever be needed.

Some days you will have to be a detective--probing for answers to unanswered questions
Some days you will have to be the traffic director at work  and prioritize properly.
Some days you will  have to smile and give a compliment when none is expected.
Some days you need to realize that a non-judging spirit is better than any pill's power.
Not every day is going to be great and you may question who you owe it to ...to push on, to make a difference by caring, to do something they may never teach you in these halls, but you should remember you owe it to those who believe in you; starting with you.

Know that you can help people's lives be better by knowing  what works well and what doesn't in your area of expertise.  And when you ask less and less "who do I owe this work to?  Then you will know that you have done your job well, and made a difference in other's lives.  And then maybe a small "Thank you" will be enough to make you get up and do it all again.

Judy Hensley
Parkinson's patient
to  Pharmacy students at ETSU on 8/27/2017
Tomorrow i will be answering questions from 50-60 pharmacy students about Parkinson's disease, and I was wondering, if they ever thought of how important they are in many people's lives and if they work as hard as they can, to be the best they can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment