Why am I blogging?

My daughter's smile is the lovely one you see above! I love to see people smile! Maybe that is why ...I like to capture smiles or snapshots of things that make others smile with my camera. I know we can't go through every minute of life with a smile but I hope that even when life is hard we can have a peace that others will notice and desire. My blog initially started as a way to honor my mom and her great outlook on life. She died in May 2010 from cancer. I don't think I can ever due justice to her life but I hope I can live my life in a way that would make her proud. The one other great privilege I have had is to be Carol Hensley Singletary's mother. She was our only child and she died suddenly on Feb .27, 2013. She was 19 years old. Her zest for life, her smile and her loving personna is missed by many, but none more than by her husband of just 6 months, Cooper. We carry on by grace and faith in God, and will look for any means to smile while we are left here on this earth for some reason by God. What I would give just to see the beautiful smile of my mom and daughter again! I know without a doubt I will someday, but until then I am going to try and praise my God and King in the life's good days and through life's pains. And i'm sharing here ...in hopes that you will smile with me. judy!

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Digital pain that makes me use bad words! and Why do I have a blog?

Just why do I have a blog?  Well, cause sometimes I just want to get some feelings out and on some kind of paper. But now days this writing on a paper is replaced by typing a document on the computer, naming it,   and putting the file in a directory.  This is all supposed to replace a file cabinet with paper files holding the writing on paper  that you just typed on the computer and  put into an appropriate place that should be easier to find in computer land.

Now where I put my digital file and under what name I give it to easily retrieve it later,  that is often a lottery winning question and find and seek action adventure. Just looking for a created digital file can produce a menagerie of feelings.  I always wanted to use that word in  a sentence..... "menagerie".  so did I use it right?   (Remind self: this is a topic for aother blog another day--using new words the right way).

 Yes, the range of feelings from "what did I name that file as? "  to "Now where did I put it???  on my phone, my laptop, my iPad (least favorite place)?  I know there is this thing called "syncing" but not good at any of this --which produces a"range of emotions of "&*&%&^%&^R"  to the grateful sigh of "thank you "when it is finally found by a search!  That's my deal, maybe you could share your way with me.  I welcome less digital pain...there is more than one way to to everything, and more than one place to put a file or directory: the local hard drive, the removable disk, the jump drive, the cloud...ugh.

So getting back to why i have a blog (in the most basic explaination of why; because everyone else has one...well, maybe not everyone) Whe i get a bloggy thought and take some time to write or type it out,  I usually try and post it when I am done so that I don't have to look for the file again.  So now you know a little of my "Digital file storage Pain" and now I am too tired to exlain why I really have a blog.  I do, and I am thankful I can still remember most of what I need to in order to publish my thoughts and share them with you .  And as Andy Rooney woud say "Now you know the rest of the story"...I mean blog.....No, I really mean: good night, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment