Why am I blogging?

My daughter's smile is the lovely one you see above! I love to see people smile! Maybe that is why ...I like to capture smiles or snapshots of things that make others smile with my camera. I know we can't go through every minute of life with a smile but I hope that even when life is hard we can have a peace that others will notice and desire. My blog initially started as a way to honor my mom and her great outlook on life. She died in May 2010 from cancer. I don't think I can ever due justice to her life but I hope I can live my life in a way that would make her proud. The one other great privilege I have had is to be Carol Hensley Singletary's mother. She was our only child and she died suddenly on Feb .27, 2013. She was 19 years old. Her zest for life, her smile and her loving personna is missed by many, but none more than by her husband of just 6 months, Cooper. We carry on by grace and faith in God, and will look for any means to smile while we are left here on this earth for some reason by God. What I would give just to see the beautiful smile of my mom and daughter again! I know without a doubt I will someday, but until then I am going to try and praise my God and King in the life's good days and through life's pains. And i'm sharing here ...in hopes that you will smile with me. judy!

Monday, November 4, 2013

A story from Halloween past--Would you come back?

we did this again this year at Halloween and I remembered an incident at the same event last year and thought i would share it here!  
Sal giving Halloween treats
 at the Yelen's house 2013
I just had to share this incident from Halloween 2012.  We were at some friends' house along with others from our small group from church on Halloween last year to help man their door front because they get tons of visitors through their subdivision on Halloween.  We, of course, were eating and goofing off and taking pictures inside while bunch after bunch of trick or treaters came to their door.  To some of us, this is very amusing because some of us live where few tricker treaters come.  And to the rest of us, we were just glad to not have to hand out some candy then wait until we decided no one else was coming, only to get halfway downstairs at our house and hear the doorbell ring...again.
  Our group leader Sal especially enjoys manning the door and handing out the candy to the kids at the door.  And I  am sure he was very generous with the candy.  He's just like that.  So it was getting late and things were starting to slow down.  The rest of us were hanging out near the front door around the banister where we could see the trick or treaters coming by and hear the exchange Sal had with them.  I just happened to be right behind  Sal when a girl about 7-9 years old stood there  on the porch, alone, and holding her bag out for treats..  Sal said "Hey, weren't you by here earlier?"  I saw her face ---her eyes did not move from Sal's but she paused just a second longer than you would have thought normal and then she shook her head "yes".  Sal, of course, busted out in a big laugh and asked "so what should we do? "  and we all said "give her some more treats" and I think we all kind of admired her for her daring act of returning.  But you know what I admired her most for?  It was for telling the truth.   What did she gain by telling the truth? Not much  but maybe more than if she had lied. No matter..she did seem glad that Sal didn't hold her return visit against her.

A few days after this I am now wondering "Why did that little girl come back?"  It could have been for lots of reasons.   Out of pride, I just thought she may have been curious about those people in that house who were having such a  good time inside and probably wanted to know what the deal was.  The deal was this:   we all have troubles and trials, but in our small group we got each other and most of us got God's promises to hold on to ...which by the way are ALWAYS the truth for our lives.   

Have you been wondering what it is that some people have that seems to be something familiar but you just can't put you finger on it without seeing or asking about it?  Have you had a relationship with  God and  and know what a gift that is?   Now maybe that relationship is not as new or you feel you cannot ever re-establish it.  Maybe you should return back to the door of your heart...and listen...you'll hear a knocking.  And it will be Jesus, wanting to be your hope for every day.  He doesn't bring up the crazy things you have done as long as you have asked Him to forgive you of them.   He is longing to show you kindness again.  So don't be afraid or too proud, just step up answer the door and say 'Thanks for letting me have this opportunity again!'  And God won't even have to turn around and ask the rest of heaven "so what shall I do with this one?"  He has already told us what he would do....He will welcome you back with arms wide open again.!!!  

Happy Halloween, Give Thanks next month for second chances, and then Merry Christmas-celebrate to gift of Life thru Jesus Christ who came to this world, lived in it just like us, and still wanted to give himself away so that we could be a part of His family..forever.
Some of my small group friends!! From North Ridge
 Community Church -west market str campus 

No comments:

Post a Comment