Why am I blogging?

My daughter's smile is the lovely one you see above! I love to see people smile! Maybe that is why ...I like to capture smiles or snapshots of things that make others smile with my camera. I know we can't go through every minute of life with a smile but I hope that even when life is hard we can have a peace that others will notice and desire. My blog initially started as a way to honor my mom and her great outlook on life. She died in May 2010 from cancer. I don't think I can ever due justice to her life but I hope I can live my life in a way that would make her proud. The one other great privilege I have had is to be Carol Hensley Singletary's mother. She was our only child and she died suddenly on Feb .27, 2013. She was 19 years old. Her zest for life, her smile and her loving personna is missed by many, but none more than by her husband of just 6 months, Cooper. We carry on by grace and faith in God, and will look for any means to smile while we are left here on this earth for some reason by God. What I would give just to see the beautiful smile of my mom and daughter again! I know without a doubt I will someday, but until then I am going to try and praise my God and King in the life's good days and through life's pains. And i'm sharing here ...in hopes that you will smile with me. judy!

Sunday, November 22, 2020

not the best of times....2020

I have struggled as to whether or not to write this blog.  It is because so many   people I want  to remember are no  longer here on this earth and many of them died in the last year.

Of course the year 2020 is not over yet.  I did go and vote in early voting to try and change the course of catastrophes and bungles by  the government that it is almost sickening.  On top of it all you don't know know who to believe ...so many things taken out of context at the result of riots and bigotry and senseless destruction of  property and the loss of peoples lives.   Who would have thought it would happen in the good old USA. 

The media says people are tired of wearing masks to try and make a dent in the number of lives affected by  a virus that came to be and spread all over the earth in just a  few months.  They call it COVID19.  The page at the cdc.org tells you how they name these things that can make you deathly sick

None of the people that I know below died from  the virus .   And I hope many of you  only lost the chance to get some toilet paper during 2020. 

There is no way to rank these whose lives were full and made an impact on mime and we are now left to carry-on without them:

James Good, my Dad passed away aug 22, 2020.  He is remembered for the many good things he did along the way.  And two of his and mom's life-long friends passed this year as well.  I also have had a couple of friends with Parkinson's disease who passed on.  There are more buut just know that we may appreciate more a gathering of family and friends to give thanks.  I hope you and yours find a way to be together for Thanksgiving and that you all stay safe.  


  Here is a prayer I wrote for Thanksgiving 2020


A few days before Thanksgiving 2020:

Dear God,

 It is going to be a hard one this year.  Thanksgiving...that is.  How do we be thankful when someone

we love deeply is not here to join us?.  When even our most desperate pleas to you seem to go

unnoticed. 

But we are never comfortable in our own skin and want to be like you always thinking of ourselves aren’t

we? That is not how and why you made us..But we are scared, God, because we don’t feel in control,

and then we ask “why?” because we just think we can handle the answer.  Sometimes we don’t

hear you shouting in our not ears “so you can know that I am for you” 

 It is kind of ironic that all the spread of a virus named Covid 19 has killed so many.  Covid-19 was

named with the 19 at the end to designate the year it killed people in adjacent countries,  )what a

pandemic is known for as well.   Covid -19 was named on the last day of 2019.This 2020. 

People all over the world are tired of wearing a mask to cover our mouths and waiting on

a vaccine (we are an impatient people are we not?)   

 When you are examined by an eye doctor, if you have 20/20 vision you do not need to

have glasses with lens correction to get you to have 20/20 vision.  Lord, help us see

through your lens and light. So that we can see those who stand for the truth.  When

we see those without work, or struggling in some way…. Let us show them mercy

like you have done to us.

  I can remember this verse because we used to sing it in a song, but it seems very

appropriate..it says:this “2 Chronicles 7:14

if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and s

eek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will

forgive their sin and will heal their land.  I am not sure our land can be healed without

your help.  We need to remove HATE and DISCRIMINATION from our HEARTS & MINDS

.  And GOD lead our governments in ways that will honor you.

  It is not going to be easy but I am praying and asking , in your name, with a heart

needing a little extra joy, Amen

Judy Hensley




No comments:

Post a Comment