Why am I blogging?

My daughter's smile is the lovely one you see above! I love to see people smile! Maybe that is why ...I like to capture smiles or snapshots of things that make others smile with my camera. I know we can't go through every minute of life with a smile but I hope that even when life is hard we can have a peace that others will notice and desire. My blog initially started as a way to honor my mom and her great outlook on life. She died in May 2010 from cancer. I don't think I can ever due justice to her life but I hope I can live my life in a way that would make her proud. The one other great privilege I have had is to be Carol Hensley Singletary's mother. She was our only child and she died suddenly on Feb .27, 2013. She was 19 years old. Her zest for life, her smile and her loving personna is missed by many, but none more than by her husband of just 6 months, Cooper. We carry on by grace and faith in God, and will look for any means to smile while we are left here on this earth for some reason by God. What I would give just to see the beautiful smile of my mom and daughter again! I know without a doubt I will someday, but until then I am going to try and praise my God and King in the life's good days and through life's pains. And i'm sharing here ...in hopes that you will smile with me. judy!

Thursday, September 14, 2017

POEM Before Carol was 2

I found this not too long ago...

a poem about Carol before she was 2

Carol Michelle how can It be?, !i'm your mommy and think,
" you are growing way too fast, little girl, for me!"
In my eyes you are  a beautiful girl and you're not even 2!
You can walk and talk (some) and you understand a lot.
Daddy and I are very proud of every little thing you do,
Especially when we get, big 'ole hugs and slobbery kisses from you!
You are such a sweet  girl. What did we do to deserve you?
I hope you will always be brave and courageous
ready to face anything in life...even the ferocious animals
(I mean the ones  in their cages at the zoo!)
Spring is almost here and I can tell we will have great fun
We will get to see the neighbor's dog
Pull you around the world in your green, magic wagon
play soccer in the yard and hold buttercups under each other's chins!
For sure we'll go swim once it's more warm!
I can't tell you how awesome it is..to be your mommy
I only hope that we will makeyou feel
safe, happy, and loved all your life
and  you will blossom into a lovely woman some day..
so special in every way,
You are such a wonderful gift to daddy and me
 God has made you so uniquely His but we get to borrow you
just this little while to watch and guide you as you grow.
We'll have fun making memories along the way
and look  with anticipation at how you'll change this world someday...
for good ...in every thing, big or little... that you will do.
We'll stand proudly by and say "that's our girl! isn't she cool?"
I think you are up for this journey, I hope it will be a blast.
Hang on Carol Michelle! It is time to tackle life
with mercy and loads of grace,
you're going  do it all... and do it well...
with the biggest smile God ever placed on a girl's face.

Love and hoping big things come true for you,
 Mom
(Judy Hensley, prior to Oct 1995)
redone sept 2017

1 comment: