Why am I blogging?

My daughter's smile is the lovely one you see above! I love to see people smile! Maybe that is why ...I like to capture smiles or snapshots of things that make others smile with my camera. I know we can't go through every minute of life with a smile but I hope that even when life is hard we can have a peace that others will notice and desire. My blog initially started as a way to honor my mom and her great outlook on life. She died in May 2010 from cancer. I don't think I can ever due justice to her life but I hope I can live my life in a way that would make her proud. The one other great privilege I have had is to be Carol Hensley Singletary's mother. She was our only child and she died suddenly on Feb .27, 2013. She was 19 years old. Her zest for life, her smile and her loving personna is missed by many, but none more than by her husband of just 6 months, Cooper. We carry on by grace and faith in God, and will look for any means to smile while we are left here on this earth for some reason by God. What I would give just to see the beautiful smile of my mom and daughter again! I know without a doubt I will someday, but until then I am going to try and praise my God and King in the life's good days and through life's pains. And i'm sharing here ...in hopes that you will smile with me. judy!

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Passing of My Father-in-law

My FIL Obit
William Grady Hensley (the first, the one and only) my husband's father passed away last week.  January 19, 2016.  He had moved to Texas and spent the last few years there.  It was closer to one of Bill's sister's who lovingly looked in on him and kept in close communication with him.
 And if you did not know Dad Bill, here are some things I will share with you about him:  My father-in-law was  most kind-hearted man you would ever meet.  He loved his Lord Jesus Christ, his sweet Kate, and his family, especially his daughter-in-law (Me) and his grand and great grandchildren.  They were the apple  of his eye.

He and our daughter, Carol, had a special bond.  I am sure he read her many Bible stories, watched whatever was her favorite video at the time, taught her how to play checkers and picked her up at school for us one day a week until Carol could drive.  He loved that girl with all his heart.  And he welcomed Cooper into our family and made sure to let them know he was interested in how they were doing once they got married.  We took him with us to see them within a month of Carol's death and I will never forget the grin on his face as Cooper took him for a spin in the Mustang he and Carol had just bought.


As when anyone you might know dies, you try and remember your last words or their last conversation you had with them.  I remember very well his words to me at the end of a phone conversation with him a few weeks before his passing. Over the last couple of  months it  was getting hard to understand him on the phone whenever we spoke.  In my last conversation with Dad Bill he mentioned Carol and I got weepy on him.  He apologized for making me cry.  I tried to reassure him that I was OK, but I needed to go.  I told him I loved him and he said "I love you, sweetheart" the in most kindest voice ever to me.  I am so glad to have been blessed by his love, acceptance, and Godly example of how we all should strive to live for 32 years.  He is now in his forever home and enjoying time with Jesus, Kate and Carol and his family and friends in heaven.

I love you and will see ya soon, Dad!
Judy


No comments:

Post a Comment